Saturday, July 6, 2013

PLUS ONE

When my good friends Binh & Bethany got engaged last year, I made them this:



Bethany is an amazing artist, and I was thrilled that she and Binh liked my little project enough to display it at their guest book table at their wedding.




Now they've gone and done the most creative thing of all, and one more family member needs to be added to the cross-stitch. Welcome to the world, Baby Margot.



Congratulations Mommy and Daddy. You're going to be amazing parents. And I can't wait to watch this precious baby grow into a Jurassic Park-loving, art-appreciating, shawarma-eating, superhero-cape-wearing, craft-making, computer-programming little girl. Yes, I demand that she be all these things.

Muh girl Martha provides a great tutorial on cross-stitch portraits here.

*2nd photo courtesy of Kelly Ly

4 comments:

  1. Love this project, love them, love you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are so creative, Christine!! Miss you . . . and keep these blog postings coming . . . hugs . . . Lisa B.

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are the best kinds of gifts you can possibly give someone! Personalized, hand made, CUTE.

    ReplyDelete